About the Erie County Fair.
The Erie County Agricultural Society is a private, non-profit membership organization that organizes the Erie County Fair each year. The Society was founded in 1819 and is Western New York’s oldest civic organization. The Society is not supported by the state of New York or the county of Erie.
Aim of Erie County Fair
The Erie County Agricultural Society, which sponsors the Erie County Fair, is dedicated to preserving and enhancing New York State’s agricultural and historical heritage via educational activities.
The Erie County Fair is sponsored by the Society and is conducted every year to promote and highlight our community’s agricultural traditions, talents, variety, and heritage.
Future dates for the Erie County Fair.
|Erie County Fair Future Dates|
|Erie County Fair 2022|
|Erie County Fair 2023|
|Erie County Fair 2024|
|Erie County Fair 2025|
|Erie County Fair 2026|
|Erie County Fair 2027|
Facts about Erie County Fair
• The Octagon Building, which was completed in 1885 for $2,037.50, is the oldest structure on the site.
•The James E. Strates Shows Midway debuted at the Fair in 1924 and continues to arrive by train every year.
• The Fair possesses Sacramento-Clay Cable Car #17, which was built in 1883 and is an original San Francisco Cable Car. The Erie County Fair bought the retired automobile in 1962 and mounted it on a bus frame. According to legend, West Seneca’s Norman Dust and his wife Lorraine drove the cable car 2,500 miles to the Fairgrounds after it was installed on a bus chassis and acquired by the Fair. The Dusts faced all kinds of weather along the route, including a snowfall in the Rocky Mountains.
• The main gate on McKinley Parkway, with a 40-foot span, was erected in 1930 to allow four cars to access the fairgrounds at once.
• On August 23, 1965, Lynda Bird Johnson, President Lyndon B. Johnson’s daughter, formally dedicated the Historical Building. Five days later, the Agricultural and Grange Building was inaugurated.
• In 1970, with 600,960 attendees, the Erie County Fair became the country’s largest county fair for the first time.
• The Event Center (previously known as the International Agri-Center) was constructed in 1990, making it the country’s third largest county fair. The $4.5 million Center is 74,000 square feet in size.
• The Erie County Fair reached a new attendance record in 2019 with 1,238,456 paying attendees.
• The Erie County Fair is not linked with any government entity and receives no financing from the government. We are allowed to apply for funding since we are a non-profit organization.
Fairgrounds for Erie County Fair
Facilities available for Erie County Fairs are mentioned below.
• A total of 275 acres.
• 112 permanent structures and buildings
• There are four green parks (Baker, Slade, Fries, and Hickory Tree).
• There are 15,000 parking places available.
Directors & governing heads
The Society’s operations are governed by a Board of Directors. The Erie County Fair has a small but committed crew that puts on the yearly August event.
|Directors||Directors Emeritus||Fair Manager/CEO||Officers|
|Hon. Richard L. Campbell, Esq., CPA||Lloyd L. Lamb||Jessica L. Underberg, CFE||Chairman of the Board Wesley C. Dust, PE|
|Ronald A. Geitter||O. Frederick Hofmann||1st Vice Chairman John H. Leamer|
|Kay L. Leitzan||Kevin N. O'Gorman, MD||Secretary Karen A. Schmitz|
|Robert J. Brunner||Harry J. Lockwood||Treasurer Jeffrey M. Werdein|
|Charles F. Kelkenberg||Joseph M. Solomon|
|Tama J. Gresco-Sauers|
|Tara L. Woyton, MS, LVT, CVT|
|Thomas Waring Jr.|
|James L. Brass|
Erie County Fair Outcome
Over 1.1 million people have attended the Fair on average over the last five years.
Fair Website: https://www.ecfair.org/
The content on this website is meant only for general information purpose and does not and shall not be construed as any solicitation, procurement, display, aggregation, marketing or advertisement of insurance products. Eriecountyassessors.org is not an insurance intermediary and hence does not endorse or solicit any such products. The information on this website is derived from publicly available sources and Eriecountyassessors.org cannot verify or confirm the genuineness, truth, veracity or authenticity of this information.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply Eriecountyassessors.org’s partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.