Erie County Division of Well being supplies a public well being replace on COVID-19 within the county. The group is welcome to contact the Erie County Division of Well being for steerage. For particulars on the way to keep updated on vaccines, isolation and quarantine, stopping unfold of COVID-19 in enterprise institutions and occasions, and different data, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 814-451-6700 or fill out the net Neighborhood Kind at Eriecountypa.gov/covid-19/.
Instances and knowledge
Prior to now week, March 7 Monday to 13 Sunday,
- There have been 144 circumstances reported, with a day by day common of 21 circumstances.
- There have been three fatalities recorded, with dates ranging from February 24 to March 4, bringing the total number of deaths to 790.
- One of the three recorded deaths was due to a lack of vaccination. This will increase the overall unvaccinated deaths to 649, which is 82% of the overall deaths (790).
As of March 13, among the many complete reported in deaths in Erie County, the breakdown by vaccination standing and age vary is as follows:
|Reported Deaths||Ages0-49||Ages50-64||Ages65 & older||Sub-total||Share breakdown|
Associated reference at https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#rates-by-vaccine-status
The variety of individuals vaccinated in that point interval was 289. This will increase the overall variety of individuals vaccinated to 180,019 with the next breakdown:
|Variety of individuals||Of eligible inhabitants||Of complete inhabitants|
|Obtained further dose||76,678||30.1%||28.4%|
Data on circumstances and deaths in Erie County and different knowledge resembling reviews on vaccination demographics will be discovered on the Erie County Authorities web site https://eriecountypa.gov/covid-19/positive-cases-in-erie-county/. Newest suggestions and associated knowledge can also be obtainable on the web sites of
Advantage of vaccination
The advantage of vaccination is that it helps the physique stop extreme sickness and lessens the chance of needing hospitalization. If having issues or questions on vaccines, method healthcare professionals or contact the Erie County Division of Well being at 814-451-6700 for info and solutions.
Residents of Erie County who are 5 years and older can get free immunizations. For checklist of native vaccination websites, go to eriecountypa.gov/covid-19/covid-19-vaccine. Name forward to substantiate schedules.
A free cell vaccination and booster clinic organized by the Erie County Division of Well being is obtainable. No insurance coverage is required. For five years and older. Indoors. Pfizer-BioNTech and Trendy obtainable. Johnson and Johnson obtainable whereas provides final.
- March 17, Thursday 3 to five p.m. at Corry Neighborhood Heart, 15 S. First Ave, Corry
Not all areas might supply COVD-19 vaccines to kids 5 to 11 years outdated. Name forward to test availability. To search out vaccines in different close by areas textual content ZIP Code to 438829, go to vaccines.gov or name 1-800-232-0233
Significance of testing
Erie County Division of Well being recommends group members, vaccinated or unvaccinated, to get examined for COVID-19 if they’ve been uncovered to anybody who has COVID-19 or if they’ve signs resembling sore throat, coughing, problem respiratory, fever or chills, muscle or physique aches, vomiting or diarrhea, or lack of style or scent. Testing outcomes will help decide applicable care and remedy if wanted.
Neighborhood members utilizing house take a look at kits who’ve questions or want steerage can name 814-451-6700.
For checklist of native websites providing free testing, go to eriecountypa.gov/covid-19/covid-19-testing-information.
As of March 13, in accordance with the COVID-19 Community Levels pointers of the Facilities for Illness Management and Prevention (CDC), which is up to date weekly, Erie County is presently at low risk.
At this stage, suggestions for stopping the unfold of COVID-19 embody:
- Keep updated with COVID-19 vaccines, for five years and older, together with those that are pregnant and plan on turning into pregnant.
- Anyone, regardless of immunisation status, can choose to wear masks at any time.
- If you’re (or stay, work or have contact with somebody who’s) at excessive threat for extreme sickness or have a weak immune system, seek the advice of your healthcare supplier about masking and different precautions.
- Get examined when you’ve got signs or have been uncovered to COVID-19.
- Put on a masks when you’ve got signs, optimistic take a look at outcomes, or have been uncovered to COVID-19.
- Keep house whereas ready for take a look at outcomes. When you have optimistic take a look at outcomes, even in case you don’t have signs, keep house and other than others in your house and, if doable, use a separate lavatory; inform your shut contacts to remain house and get examined.
- When possible, enhance air movement across indoor locations.